Add a story, deadline to InHouse or an event to the Calendar.

In the news

Read the latest stories featuring UNT people and programs.

Share photos

Share your campus and event photos and view the gallery.


Quick links

Common UNT web resources for faculty and staff.

Contact us

Who to Contact. Learn How to... Write for InHouse, Share Photos, and more.

Correct names needed for Human Resources and Payroll files

If you’ve gotten married, divorced or changed your primary or legal name for any reason, be sure to let Human Resources and Payroll know.

The process for managing primary name records has changed, and it’s important to accurately reflect the primary, or legal, name of all faculty, staff, and student employees. When the records do not show the same primary name listed in the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) records, UNT Denton and/or UNT System may be penalized $50 for each inconsistency. 

Previously, Human Resources recorded a preferred name in its records. With the EIS upgrade in June, employees no longer have access to the “preferred name” field in the new portal.

 Here’s how to make a name change request:

  • Log on to
  • Select the “Human Resources” tab
  • Select the “Name Change Request” link
  • Upon completion, an automatic email notification is sent to the HR Support Center (HRSC), which will ask the requester to submit a copy of the Social Security card that bears the name change. The copy can be sent to its secure fax line at 817-735-7655. This will allow the new name to appear on the W-4 form.

If you have additional questions, contact the HRSC at 855-878-7650, toll free, or 817-735-7650.


Posted on: Mon 14 July 2014

Owning Excellence

Faculty and staff members have roles in transforming UNT into a nationally prominent university. Share your ideas on how you can help UNT to own excellence, keep students on track and improve graduation education.

Mean Green Pride


No current Deadlines